Politics & Government Fbi Spy Files

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bleys, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Love em or hate em the ACLU has filed FOIA in 10 states and DC in an attempt to determine the level of spying on specific individuals and groups. The groups include: enviromentalists, political, anti-war and religious groups. The spying is taking place under authority of Joint Terrorism Task Force.

Now regardless of your opinion of the ACLU - should the FBI be given carte blanche to spy on citizens. At the very least should there be an annual accounting of who they investigated throughout the year, why and what the result of that investigation were?

Inquiring minds want to know,
    B.

ACLU

2. black hawk

black hawk Premium Member

They should be givin a carte blanche, because it will help them find out what is going on. I am sure that the FBI would not waste their time on little things. I am for it..

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I think they should be able to possibly get away with not naming names, but possibly saying "we are investigating citizens we have reasons to believe are involved with the ___________ organization"

Cant just give them free range.

---pineapple

4. black hawk

black hawk Premium Member

ya, i would say pinapple is correct, no free range.....This is america isnt it ?